To kick start Miss Enchanting's Guide to the Perfect Christmas I thought I would start with one of my favourite items of clothing... the good old pyjamas. I'm at my happiest when I'm in my pyjamas. Nothing is clinging to me, nothing is strapped in and hoisted into places it doesn't want to be...every part of me can just...relax. Boy do I love my pyjamas.
It's an odd word, pyjama, don't you think? It's one of those words that you say often, but have trouble spelling or when you read it, it looks odd. Pyjama. For those of you interested the word derives from the Persian language, (thank you Wikipedia) which most of us today shorten to PJ's, Jimjams or Jammies. Either way, unless you sleep stark bonkers naked (you know who you are), you most likely love that feeling after a long busy day, coming home and getting into your good old faithful pyjamas. There really is nothing quite like it, especially this time of year when it's cold, wet, dark and miserable. So it's the perfect time of year to have a good browse at the comfiest, cutest, softest and loveliest slippers and nightwear on the market right now. So snuggle up and explore Miss Enchanting's Guide to Christmas: The Perfect Nightwear.
8. Hooded Fair Isle Fleece Onesie from Marks & Spencer £25.00
7. Cath Kidston Camberwell Set from John Lewis £50.00
6. Polka Dot Print Pyjamas from Hush £49.50
5. Red Check Boyfriend Night Shirt from Dorothy Perkins £20.00
4. Jersey Pyjamas from H&M £19.99
3. New York Jersey Pyjamas from H&M £14.99
2. Traditional Stripe PJ Set from River Island £30.00
1. Chelsea Peers Stars and Stripes PJ Sweater & Bottoms from ASOS £50.00
I'm so funny about my PJ's- everything has to match. I can't just wear odd bottoms and tops, even the nightwear cardigan or cosy jumper has to match the rest of the ensemble or else I feel all out of sorts. Crazy I know. My favourite PJ's are not only comfy, but are have a cute, girly style about them... and of course no pyjama set is complete without a pair gorgeous slippers.
As mentioned previously, I am a tad clumsy so I have struggled with slippers in the past due to a few 'slip ups' shall we say (cue falling arse over tit down many flights of stairs, steps, smooth surfaces, carpets, rugs, dogs...you name it, I've done it!) so I have to wear slippers with a good sole, along with a hard hat and shin pads. There are so many gorgeous slippers out at the moment to keep your tootsies nice and toastie this festive season that you will be spoilt for choice...
10. Red Check Faux Fur Detail Boots from Dorothy Perkins £15.00
9. EMU Jolie Sheepskin Slippers from ASOS £48.00
8. Pink Fairisle Pom Pom Faux Fur Boot Slippers from New Look £12.99
7. Swirl Boots from Next £14.00
6. Grey Cable Knit slippers from H&M £12.99
5. Finsbury Sheepskin Slippers from Just Sheepskin £70.00
4. Charcoal Velvet Bow Ballerina Slippers from Ruby & Ed £39.00
3. Chestnut Suede Slipper Boots from Next £40.00
2. Cable Knit Slippers from H&M £12.99
1. Albery Sheepskin Slippers from Just Sheepskin £80.00
My No.1 are are my absolute favourite slippers which I received as a gift for Christmas 2011 and they are still going strong. They might be a little pricier than your usual standard slippers, but they are durable, stylish, comfortable and most importantly for me, have a Slip Resistant Sole. Perfect. Plus they compliment all my lovely pyjamas!
What are your comfy favourites for this festive season?
Until next time,
With Love & Comfy Stuff,
P.S Don't forget to follow Miss Enchanting on Instagram @katiealbury, Twitter @enchantingblog and on my Facebook Page.
Much Love x