I've been really trying to eat healthier and workout everyday. Naturally, it's just not who I am, but I am trying to break the mould, which is never easy. I'm someone who wants quick results, instant feel goods and rewards to know that the hard work is worth the effort to keep going. If I've spent a week working out and eating well, there's something in my brain that says if that dress one size smaller doesn't fit on Saturday then its just not working....but I know I need to give it time. So it was perfect timing when teapigs got in touch and asked me to try their award winning matcha green tea product as part of their Matcha May campaign. Anything tipped as having 'superpowers' in the weight loss and healthy department definitely gets my full attention...
What is Matcha Green Tea?
Matcha Green Tea, originally grown and hugely popular in Japan, is 100% natural, organic green tea leaves which have been ground down to form a fine (magic) powder. Super-concentrated and bursting with goodness, teapigs organic matcha will not only leave you feeling healthy and energised, but also looking fab too. Excellent.
When you drink regular green tea, most of the leaves are discarded and usually the best bit of the leaves are thrown away. Matcha is consumed as a fine powder, which can be mixed with pretty much any liquid (except wine..sorry Mum) which means you take in every last drop of all the essential vitamins and minerals.
Even Buddhist Monks drink Matcha to keep them alert and focused during meditation...if it's good enough for Monks...it's good enough for moi. Here's a groovy little video that explains exactly why teapigs organic matcha is superdooper in the good for you department...
Quick, Yummy & Good for You
If you're a herbal tea drinker, then you wont mind the taste of the matcha too much. It pretty much tastes like you are drinking the last dregs of a super strong cup of tea, times ten. It's powerful stuff. But if it tasted like a chocolate milkshake then undoubtedly it wouldn't be anywhere near as good for you would it? But it's only a shot, which can be mixed with juice, milk or water and in two gulps- it's gone. Painless...sort of. But well worth the effort. Matcha can even be mixed in with smoothies, ice cream, lattes and even cookies! Recipes can be found here. So there really is no excuse not to get your matcha fix!
What is brilliant about Match Green Tea is the instant results. Waking up at 5.30am to exercise before work can be pretty tough, but after my workout I have a shot of Matcha (using cold water or milk) and it really gives me a refreshing kick start to get me through my morning. Finally something that doesn't require a month of sweat and effort to feel the benefits. Fabulous.
Try it for Yourself
Teapigs have been super kind and are giving away a whole Matcha Green Tea Kit to one of Miss Enchanting's lovely readers...amazing, I know. All you have to do to enter is use the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win your very own teapigs matcha kit. Giveaway closes end of May 2014. But if you can't wait until then to hear if you've won, then the lovely teapigs are also offering all my readers 10% off their products until the end of June 2014 when you apply discount code: miss at the checkout. Fab stuff hey. Good luck and get drinking great tea!
Until next time,
With Love & teapigs matcha,
Disclosure: I was sent a teapigs Organic Matcha Kit to use for the purpose of this review.
Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
- The prize is one teapigs Organic Matcha Set which includes 1 x tin of organic matcha, a teapigs shot glass, a half teaspoon measuring spoon and a whisk.
- Entrants must follow the Rafflecopter instructions. For help using Rafflecopter click here.
- Entries: Each reader can enter up to five times using the Rafflecopter, by answering the question provided in the comment section, liking Miss Enchanting's Facebook page and following Miss Enchanting on Twitter, follow teapigs on Twitter or tweet about the giveaway. For those of you already liking and following you will aromatically get a free entry.
- UK Entrants only. Apologies to my overseas readers...I will make it up to you one day!
- Competition closes on 31st May at 12.00pm.
- The winner must respond within 7 days or forfeit the prize. Another winner will then be chosen.
- Miss Enchanting reserves the right to change or alter the prize should it be necessary.
- Miss Enchanting's decision is final. Firm, but fair.